Join our team and
Help us grow!
Slackers Brewing Co. is creating an approachably adventurous community space in NW austin and we are looking for individuals to help us bring that dream to lifE.
Slackers Brewing Co. is a new family friendly brewpub, coffee shop, and live music venue located in the Anderson Mill neighborhood in NW Austin. We are seeking an operations manager that has a passion for people, craft beer, coffee, live music, and community. The position will report directly to ownership. Our operations manager will be expected to lead and exemplify hospitality standards while managing taproom daily operations and staff.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in the restaurant/brewery industry, is confident in their skills and has a deep appreciation for quality. Effective communication, motivated drive, and detail oriented are key traits we are looking for.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Additional responsibilities and functions as needed.)
– Oversee day-to-day taproom and restaurant operations
– Develop strong relationships with staff, customers, vendors, nearby businesses, and breweries
– Coordinate with owner to ensure execution of all onsite and offsite events
– Creation of taproom events that drive business and brand awareness
– Set job expectations and lead by example: plan, monitor, and review job contributions; and enforce policies and procedures
– Manage inventory and invoices
– Manage weekly schedule
– Participate in bar shifts as scheduled
– Must be eligible to work in the United States
– Understanding of basic software such as word, excel, etc
– Highly motivated and well organized
– Be an ideal example
– Effective verbal & written communication skills focusing on clear and direct feedback
– Must sample and taste alcoholic products
– Must have 7 day a week availability
– Must have flexible schedule to accommodate early or late hours
– Must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly & stand/walk for 8+ hours
– Must have reliable transportation
– Previous service industry management
– Experience in craft beer industry preferred but not required
– Experience with Square preferred but not required
– Current TABC certification (or able to complete before starting)
– TX Certified Food Manager certification required (or able to complete before starting)
– Minimum of 1 years of supervisory experience in local market
– Start Date: Immediate
– TBD depending on experience
Please send your resume along with why you are interested in joining our team to derek(@)slackersbrew.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Slackers Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Slackers Brewing Co. makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, read through our EEO Policy.